The hunt is afoot!
You and your team will solve riddles that identify a public location in North Aurora and also the location of the next clue, which will be a card that features the Scavenger Hunt logo (see below). All cards will look different as they will be colored and cut so they are camouflaged at the locations so please be certain to look for the Scavenger Hunt logo in your search.
Each clue card will be laid out in the following format:
Location #: Name of Location
You will need to make sure you write down each clue location number and name as you will need to submit both once you’ve found the last location (#10) to be eligible to win a prize! All information on how to submit will be provided at the last clue location.
The Scavenger Hunt will run from July 7, 2022 at 3:00 pm to Monday, August 1, 2022 at 10:00 am. All answers must be submitted by such time to qualify.
1) You (or your team) must have at least one North Aurora resident to participate.
2) Please do not remove or tamper with clues.
3) Do not post or share riddles or locations; we want everyone to have fun and a chance to solve the riddles!
4) Make sure you write down each clue location as you will need to submit all ten at the end of the scavenger hunt.
5) Please adhere to all posted signs, including those that note parks close at dusk (one hour past sunset). This is for your own safety.
6) Take any fun photos on your hunt? Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org to be used in the “Your Community Snapshot” feature!
7) Have fun!
If you manage to solve all ten riddles and subsequently find all ten locations, congratulations, you did it! If you are the first — third team to submit the correct answers you will win a gift card to a North Aurora business of your choosing in the following amounts:
- First Place: $100
- Second Place: $50
- Third Place: $25
If you are the fourth place finisher onwards you still have a chance to win a gift card! Your team will be assigned a raffle number that will be randomly chosen when the event has finished and if your number is selected you will also win a $25 gift card to a North Aurora business of your choosing.
The First Riddle
Two green roofs make a pretty picture
Hills and paths and water appear
Our founders once walked these ways
There is so much wonder here.
Our gears are always turning
There are so many great ideas to be found
Every plan needs the right tools
Let’s pool our resources together and astound.
We took a vote over the first weekend of the hunt and the following locations each received a small hint. Please feel free to use them upon your hunt!
If you have any questions about the Scavenger Hunt please contact Village Hall at 630-897-8228.
SponsorsAurora-PackingGold Sponsorreds garageSilver SponsorSponsorBox_Garage31Bronze SponsornorthaurorasmilesBronze SponsorDrendelBronze Sponsorold-second-national-bank-logo-cfe51209Silver SponsorNorth Aurora Lions ClubGold SponsorSponsorBox_WoodmansGold Sponsorgeneva constructionPlatinum Sponsor